Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Crockpot Corn Chowder

This was one of the first recipes I put into my cookbook (a 3 ring binder of tried and trues) when I was a young bride. It's changed a little over the years to this current form and it is a huge family favorite.

I love crockpot meals because I can put them in, turn them on, and then spend the day down in the shop without worrying what I'm making for dinner after I close. Just a quick stir every now and again is all it needs during the day.

For the ham in this soup, we normally use leftovers from a baked ham, but any ham will do.


Crockpot Corn Chowder

4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (14 3/4 oz.) cream style corn
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
1 cup cubed ham
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. ground pepper

Gently mix all ingredients in a 4-5 qt crockpot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.


For more great recipes visit Create Link Inspire, Totally Tasty Tuesday, and Hearth and soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...