Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cheesy Tuna Casserole

I'll be the first to admit that this isn't the most healthy thing to feed my family, but in my defense it's so good!

I grew up eating this from the time I was really little. I'm not sure where exactly the original recipe came from. Maybe my grandmother? No one really seems to know, but it has always been one of my favorites. It's like ooey gooey comfort food on a cold winter's day.


Cheesy Tuna Casserole

8 oz. small sea shell pasta
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of celery soup
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (6 oz.) tuna, drained
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbls. butter, melted

Cook the pasta according to the package directions. I've found that under cooking the pasta by about a minute or so keeps it from getting squishy while baking.

Meanwhile, mix the soup, milk, miracle whip, dry mustard, cheese and tuna together in a 2 qt casserole dish.

Mix bread crumbs and butter together in a small bowl; set aside.

Add cooked pasta to the soup mixture; mix well. Top with bread crumbs.

Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 45-50 minutes or until bread crumb topping is lightly browned. 



4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am hosting a giveaway on my page this week (posted Monday) and I would love if you would stop by and check it out!
    -Jennie
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a delicious Tuna Casserole. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the perfect comfort food. I'm definitely needing it with this cold weather. Thank you for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I am featuring you tomorrow on Tasty Tuesday. Please stop by and grab a featured button and link up any new recipes you have!

    http://www.minivandreams.com

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...