Thursday, March 6, 2014

Oatmeal Pie

I recently had an oatmeal pie at a church dinner. I'd never heard of an oatmeal pie before. Honestly I thought the idea was a little strange even though I love oatmeal. Surprisingly it was good, but it seemed to be missing something.

I came home bound and determined to make one. I scoured the internet in search of recipes and finally settled on one I thought would do the trick. I couldn't leave it alone though. I did change it a smidge and now it's really, really good. I even microwave it for about 12 seconds to warm it up and it's even better.


I was surprised at how much it tasted like pecan pie although I shouldn't have been. The ingredients are really similar.



Oatmeal Pie

2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup butter, melted
A pinch salt
1 9-inch unbaked, single pie crust (you can find my recipe here)

In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, coconut, oats, butter and salt. Pour into the unbaked pie crust.

Bake at 325* for 45 minutes or until golden.


For more great recipes visit Full Plate Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great link on Craft Frenzy Friday! I will be featuring you on my Saturday Spotlight tomorrow morning! :o) Stop by, share and grab a featured button! http://pickledokra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Oatmeal Pie looks so good, I really want to try this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, it is so nice to have you with us today. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...