Thursday, March 27, 2014

Honey Oat Muffins

I love muffins! They are like cake you can eat for breakfast. :)

I'm always on a search for the next great muffin, but even when I find one, I still come back to these. These have been my most favorite muffins for over a decade. Soft, moist, great texture and a subtle honey flavor that is just perfect.

I use rolled oats in these because I love the texture they create, but you can use quick cooking oats for a more overall evenly fluffy muffin.


Honey Oat Muffins

1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cups flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbls. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey

Preheat oven to 400*F.

In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the egg, milk, oil and honey until blended.

Place by spoonfuls into greased or papered muffin tins until approx. 3/4 full.

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.

Makes 1 dozen muffins.


For more great recipes visit Full Plate Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great basic muffin recipe to have. Looks yummy. found you at miz helens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Honey Oat Muffins, look awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...