Monday, March 3, 2014

Buttermilk Pancakes

Nothing says home to me like these pancakes. Always a staple for breakfast, but they make a fantastic dinner too.

I was given this recipe many, many years ago right after I was married. Unfortunately I can't remember the source which makes me a bit sad.

I'm not always the most hospitable morning person so these only get made for breakfast on a good day. Most of the time we enjoy them for lunch, especially Sunday lunch which could in fact be labeled as brunch I suppose. It's so easy to whip these out right after church and save a heavier meal for later in the day. I'll also make these as dinner on those nights when I am completely exhausted from work and have no interest in cooking.


Buttermilk Pancakes

2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 2/3 cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 Tbls. brown sugar
2 Tbls. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and buttermilk until well blended.

Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together until smooth.

Heat a griddle or heavy frying pan slowly over medium heat. Test the temperature by sprinkling a few drops of water on the pan. If they bounce, the temperature is right. You can grease the pan lightly if needed.

Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle or frying pan for each pancake. Cook until small bubbles appear on the tops and begin to break and the edges of cakes are dry. Flip pancakes and cook until brown on other side. Set the completed pancakes aside and continue with remaining batter.

Enjoy!


For more great recipes visit Recipe Sharing Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh love that you used brown sugar in these pancakes! They also look so smooth and fluffy. What an easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ! These Pancakes look so soft and pillowy ! Love them.
    Thank you so much for sharing at Tasty Tuesday. I have featured them this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...