Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cheesy Crescent Dogs

These are one of those things I don't make very often but when I do they are gone quick. I'm not sure my kids even let them cool down before they were gobbled up for lunch.

I normally serve them with a salad, carrot sticks and/or fruit to round out the meal.



Cheesy Crescent Dogs

8 hot dogs
4 slices american cheese, cut into 6 strips each
1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375*.

Cut hot dogs (not all the way through) to within a 1/2 inch of the ends. You are making a "pocket". Insert 3 cheese strips into each hot dog "pocket".

Separate dough into 8 triangles. Wrap each triangle around a hot dog. Place on an ungreased baking sheet cheese side up.



Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden.


*You can use whatever brand of hot dog is your favorite


For more great recipes visit Hearth and Soul and Full Plate Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I am always excited when the little ones are coming so I have an excuse to have these Cheesy Crescent Dogs, a treat! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. These remind me of my childhood - they were always such a treat, especially as we didn't have them very often. Thank you for sharing some delicious memories with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...