Friday, January 31, 2014

Why I Choose to Have a Well Stocked Pantry

 I loved playing with food when I was little. Whether it was the Fisher-Price stuff or empty boxes of the real deal. Even my favorite book growing up was about a grocery store.

I loved everything about food and as I got older I learned to cook, to can, and how to have a well stocked pantry from my mother. Thanks mom!

My reasons for having this pantry are really simple. I dislike the actual shopping portion of the grocery getting and I love the fact that I don't have to rush to the store to find dinner. There are times where I won't go to the store for almost a month (except for milk, eggs and the occasional fresh veggie/fruit).



If you need a few more reasons though, here they are:

1. Unannounced guests? No problem, you’re all set. There is no need to waste gas running to the grocery store for an unplanned run.

2. If you have a well stocked pantry and freezer, you’ll be able to make many more meals (if not all) at home instead of eating out, thus saving lots of money.

3. In the event of a disaster, storm, etc. you will should have a ready supply of the basics as well as food that can be easily eaten without electricity (more on this later). No more trips to the store right before or during a storm just to find the shelves bare. You're all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...